Classes here are bullshit. I just started the courses that actually mean anything and they seem like they'll be fine. I met one guy who seemed sooo perfect. He spoke French, English and knew who Jill Scott and Erykah Badu are. He texted me the night we met and called me while he was visiting his family in another part of France just to say hi and see how I was doing. He wanted to take me out that weekend and show me the romantic side of Paris. Sadly the same day he called was the day my phone got stolen. I'm sure he called me a million times on the phone that got stolen(I've started writing people's numbers down now) so that's gone too.
I love my host family. It's going to be really hard to leave them (I just teared up a little). My mom only works 3 days a week and I only see the dad on weekend since he works in Paris and we're in Tours. I also have a sister and two other students who live with me whom I also love one is from Columbia, and the other is this adorable guy Kevin who's getting married next June.
Besides that I'm doing my best at being a little selfish. I'm trying to get as much out of this trip as possible. I haven't been doing too much that's music or theatre related but I'm working on it. I haven't been singing as much as i used to but that's because I'm afraid to terrify all the people living in my house. I've also tried writing again. I used to do it a lot but it's been an extremely long time. I keep writing down things I want to write about but never actually do it. I don't know why its so hard because I know that I want to and that I probably really need to but I'm tackling that a little by little. I really could use some other form of release.
I visited Normandie and Amsterdam these past two weekends and both trips were incredible. Normandie was a bit eerie because I spent so much time walking around the cemetery by myself-not a good idea. I started getting all dramatic thinking about how fucked up war is and feeling horrible for all the soldiers overseas right now. But it was another chance to just ponder...stuff. We had a lot of fun that weekend and all together it was time truly well spent.
After that was Amsterdam/The Hague. I stayed with a gay couple in the Hague and it was just the break I needed. Their house was beautiful and they were so sweet so it was nice to just chill amongst all the craziness. I didn't get high while I was there even though I really did try but I did buy a dress :) After midterms I have a trip to Paris, then next Bordeaux, then Oslo thanksgiving weekend, then Barcelona, then Paris for my last weekend in France.
Soooo France is good. The internet is keeping me connected somewhat with life in the rest of the world but I don't want that to replace human contact. OK. I think that's everything I wanted to say.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment